Thread: Multi - The Witcher 3
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2013, 12:11   #67   link
ExReey
Grunger

Ondanks de simultane release op het Xbone DRM monster, zal TW3 (op PC althans) DRM-free blijven en zullen alle patches en DLC gratis gereleased worden.

Quote:
“A lot of people on forums are saying, ‘No, but you guys are anti-DRM,’” Iwinski admitted during an interview with RPS. “And we really are anti-DRM. But at the same time, there are people who’ll be fine with [Xbox One's online-heavy DRM]. They’ll buy the console and just want to play. Why should we not give them this option?”

“That’s our approach, but at the same time, we don’t know what the final policies are. Things might be changing. There’s a lot of heat right now. From our perspective, we’ll always choose the most gamer-friendly solution. And on the platform where we have control – which is PC – we’ll release on GOG day one and DRM-free.
Quote:
“It’s too early to talk specifics, but definitely all the DLCs and updates will be free,” he said. “Of course, we’ll see what the platform holders will allow – what we can do for free [on next-gen consoles]. I mean, there are different business models on consoles. From our standpoint, we’ll definitely do everything we can to deliver the same experience across all platforms.”
Quote:
“Having said all that, we of course have to count money,” he said. “We have a whole production team and production procedures. But at the end of the day, the game [counts] – and not the money. Because the game will make the money if it’s good. Some people think it’s the other way around, and in the short run – business-wise – it makes sense. ‘I will sell this small thing for three dollars. It will make me $300,000. It’s good money. I will show more profit.’ But at the end of the day, how many fans have you lost? And that’s just a very simple mentality we try to avoid.”
CD Project
Ik ga dat spel 3 keer kopen, gewoon omdat die mannen GODEN zijn.
ExReey is offline   Reply With Quote