Thread: Snooker
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 15:50   #23   link
Barry
GorenBarry.

Om de boel hier wat up to date te houden zal ik hier af en toe nieuwspostjes plaatsen. Als iemand daar een probleem mee moest hebben, weet het me dan te zeggen.

Op de site van BBC snooker is er een interessant artikel verschenen over Ronnie.

Quote:
Ronnie O'Sullivan is ready to shine in next week's Masters at Wembley and put his UK Championship walkout behind him, claims his manager.

Ian Doyle told BBC Sport: "Ronnie is feeling fine. He's refreshed and really looking forward to the Masters."

The star met World Snooker chairman Sir Rodney Walker on Wednesday to discuss his actions at York's Barbican Centre.

A spokesman for the governing body described as the meeting as "informal talks, not a disciplinary hearing".

And Walker told Five Live: "I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch with (Ronnie) today. He was relaxed and happy and I think is looking forward to doing as well as he can at the Masters.

"As chairman of World Snooker, I very much see Ronnie O'Sullivan as being an important part of the future."

O'Sullivan added another chapter to his controversial career by walking out while trailing 4-1 to Stephen Hendry in the UK Championship quarter-finals last month.

He later apologised through Doyle's 110sport Management company, but may still face disciplinary action by World Snooker.

Walker told Five Live he will write to the disciplinary committee on O'Sullivan's behalf.

Doyle defended the two-time world champion, who will be chasing a third Masters title at Wembley Arena.

"This is something that has happened before with other players who, for whatever reason, conceded a match when they were behind," he said.

"It's unfortunate, but Ronnie was just not himself that day. He's apologised to Stephen, the fans, sponsors and World Snooker for his actions."

Snooker bosses were put in a quandary by O'Sullivan, with some within the sport saying he should be punished but others arguing he needs help.

The 31-year-old is undoubtedly snooker's biggest draw, but is known to suffer bouts of depression.

He was badly affected by the death from cancer of fellow star Paul Hunter last October.
Ik ging niet akkoord met wat hij deed, maar ergens kan ik er wel inkomen. Die man verschilt wat van de doorsnee snooker speler, en daarom zien we hem waarschijnlijk zo graag spelen. Als zijn negatieve kanten zich tonen, dan moeten we hem niet zo maar gaan 'bashen'.

C'mon Ronnie zoals ze wel eens zeggen
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote