Go Back   Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels

Old 16-12-2014, 22:03   #21   link
eniac

Ik ken haar palmares onderhand goed genoeg hoor. Het is niet goed. Maar dat is het punt niet.
eniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:11   #22   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Wat is het punt dan wel? Susie Wolff dankt haar plaats bij Williams aan haar echtgenoot en haar uiterlijk/sekse. Haar talent komt op de derde plaats. Dat kan je toch niet ontkennen?
Old 16-12-2014, 22:24   #23   link
eniac

Het punt is dat een goede testrijder niet noodzakelijk een snelle racer moet zijn.

Ja, Wolff kwam binnen dankzij Toto en Williams dacht aan PR. Maar haar takenpakket breidt uit en dat moet wel betekenen dat ze haar job goed doet en dat ze als testrijder niet slecht is. Ongeacht haar vroeger palmares.

Williams zal haar nooit een racezitje geven maar alweer: testtijd is zo enorm gelimiteerd dat ze die gaan verspillen in naam van de PR. Williams wil vooruit.
Old 17-12-2014, 07:14   #24   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Daar kan ik mee akkoord gaan. Wat me echter bij het originele aandachtspunt brengt: wat heeft Gutierrez Ferrari te bieden? Toegegeven, hij is de afgelopen jaren noodgedwongen onder de radar gebleven en ik kan me moeilijk iets voorstellen bij zijn kwaliteiten. Voor een reus als Ferrari, waar men traditioneel teert op ervaring en niet op onontgonnen talent (met uitzondering van, driewerf helaas, Bianchi), lijkt de jonge knaap me een gekke keuze.

Nu ja, wait and see, neem ik aan.

EDIT

Ah nee, wacht, 't is opgelost. Het blijft trouwens herstructureringen regenen bij Ferrari, ook Pat Fry en Nikolas Tombazis mogen een abonnement op Vacature nemen.

Last edited by Potenza; 17-12-2014 at 08:53.
Potenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 08:30   #25   link
eniac

Bwah, Massa was na amper 1 jaartje Sauber ook testrijder bij Ferrari als ik me niet vergis. Er zijn er maar weinig zonder zitje die ervaring hebben in een wagen die voldoet aan huidige regelgevingen.

Dat en de sponsor natuurlijk.
Old 18-12-2014, 13:37   #26   link
eniac

Lolol:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/12/18/ve.../#.VJLX7yuG9ps

Quote:
‘There have been several departures this week,’ said the team’s press spokesman, Sebastian Vettel. ‘But work continues on next season’s car under the supervision of technical director Sebastian Vettel and chief designer, Sebastian Vettel.’
Old 20-12-2014, 12:49   #27   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Aha. Vergne wordt testrijder bij Ferrari.
Old 22-12-2014, 23:57   #28   link
Teus
key forum member

zucht
Quote:
An open letter to Gérard Saillant (oh yeah Jean Todt too)
DECEMBER 19, 2014 / GARY HARTSTEIN
Dear Gérard,

Imagine my surprise at learning that you were in my hospital last week. You actually got on the train from Paris to come here to Liège! It’s a pity you didn’t call me ahead of the visit – we could have had a cup of coffee. Or you could have beeped me to say hi once you got here. But I guess that actually being face to face with someone is not your style. Come to think of it, it never really has been, has it? You did fire me via email!

Imagine my surprise to learn that despite having heard nothing from you or your boss since being fired, YOU ACTUALLY CAME TO MY HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF ME. You made an appointment with the Dean of my medical faculty, to speak about me. Then travelled 2 1/2 hours . . . for me. I’d be flattered if I wasn’t so . . . shocked. But let’s not dwell on the fun we could have had together in Liège, and look instead at what exactly you came here for. I think it’s important that people understand just how you and your boss work.

You came here to try to get me fired.

Not from the job you already fired me from. That one was basically a hobby. A very serious, very time-intensive hobby. No, now you’re aiming higher. You and your boss want me fired from the job that pays my rent. The one I’ve held for 25 years. Wow. Were you wearing a black trench coat and fedora? Maybe I’m glad I wasn’t there. Perhaps you also had instructions to break my knees!

You came here with a dossier consisting of printed copies of my blog posts. And a copy of a personal email TO ME (!!!) from Corinna Schumacher. OMG. An email I actually never received. Probably because it was addressed to “garry.hartstein@…”. Seriously? I get scores of emails EVERY DAY from people all over the world who spent all of 30 seconds finding my email address. But the wife of one of the world’s most famous and wealthy sportsmen isn’t capable of carrying out that difficult task? You’ve got to be kidding me. Hell, dude, even YOU (trusted advisor to “the family”) had my email (again, that’s how you fired me!).

You came here to raise the issue of whether THIS blog violated my contract at work and could therefore be a reason to fire me, or at least to muzzle me.

Now you worry me. Maybe you should sit down. That’s better. Let’s talk.

Let’s just look at the facts, ok?

1) This blog makes no claim to represent the opinions of anyone other than myself. And while my bio may mention that I studied and work at the University Hospital of Liège, no other mention is made of this fact. All blog-related activity, then, is part of my personal life. Period.

2) Doctor-patient confidentiality is never violated, for two pretty good reasons. First of all, Michael is not and (other than the stuff that came up over 15 years of F1) never has been my patient. Second, I make perfectly clear that NONE of what I wrote in the days, weeks, and months following Michael’s accident was based on anything other than conjecture and experience.

3) When opinions are expressed, they are clearly identified as such, and are never presented with an intent to harm. This intent is abundantly clear, and is even explained on numerous occasions.

So you see, Gérard, if you’d have put your thinking cap on before flitting off to “le Paris du nord”, you’d have realised the absurdity of your project. My blog has nothing to do with my job. In fact, things like “privacy”, and “free expression” come to mind – not as sterile principles, but as LAWS THAT YOU ARE ON THE CUSP OF VIOLATING. You and your boss.

You have acted like a hoodlum. What you have done was not unexpected, but was thuggish and disgusting. You might wear expensive suits and a Patek Philippe, but your tactics are from the gutter.

Be aware that I’ve referred the “dossier” you handed over to the Dean to my attorney. You are on very very thin legal ice.

Word to the wise?

Shut up, back off, and watch out.
Old 23-12-2014, 07:33   #29   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Hartstein is een speciaal karakter, en dat is oké. Dat hij een keer te veel tegen een stel schenen heeft gestampt wisten we al, dat het vendetta geworden is niet. Zielig. In wat hij doet is hij immers top.
Old 23-12-2014, 13:25   #30   link
Teus
key forum member

Bewijst nogmaals dat gans de interne F1 werking effenaan absurd is.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:58   #31   link
Teus
key forum member

allez vooruit, daar gaan we weer

Quote:
Max, baby—uh, wait, that's not what we mean—it's not that we don't love you, it's just that there are some concerns about your age and experience level. The FIA released more stringent criteria for earning a Formula One Superlicense today, which fans have unofficially dubbed the "Verstappen Rule."

Getting A License To Race In Formula One Might Become A Lot Harder
In order to compete in Formula One, all drivers are required to have something called a…
Read more jalopnik.​com

While age is in the news because Max Verstappen will be the youngest driver ever in Formula One, it isn't the only factor the FIA is cracking down on. Prior experience is going to be a bigger hurdle for most potential F1 drivers to clear.
Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button would both have fallen 35 points short of the 40 point requirement. Sebastien Vettel would have been just two points shy of the tally at the time of his USGP debut in 2007 if we use just his 04-06 results. On the basis of his 2007 WSR results, however, he'd have qualified for his Toro Rosso drive in 2008. Just the six world championships between them.

Daniel Ricciardo, voted by many as the F1 driver of 2014 would not have qualified for his debut either so that's Red Bull Racing's lead man out of luck.

Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher, two of the finest drivers to ever grace the planet, would not have been granted a Super License under this system. Neither would Mika Hakkinen. Neither Gilles Villeneuve. Jim Clark's tractor definitely wouldn't have given him the points. Not entirely sure racing a Model A Ford taxi would have done Fangio much good either.
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/fia-re...ium=socialflow
Old 07-01-2015, 09:59   #32   link
eniac

Het idee op zich is nog zo slecht niet, maar de uitwerking is een dikke WTF waard. FIA's eigen series worden ongelooflijk voorgetrokken, de series waar ze banden mee hebben (GP2, GP3) zijn OK-ish, en de Renault-series zijn bijna ten dode opgeschreven.

- FR3.5 wordt ONDER F3 Euro gewaardeerd
- Nog erger: FR2.0 en FR3.5 winnen geeft niet eens zoveel punten als F3 winnen en is niet voldoende voor een superlicentie
- nationale F4-kampioenschappen worden boven de veel snellere/competitievere FR2.0 geplaatst
- een nog onbestaande F2 is king of the hill, waar een derde plaats zou volstaan voor een licentie

Renault gaat hier niet mee lachen. En wat moet Red Bull nu met hun juniors? Langs FR3.5 passeren is bijna nutteloos geworden - dus Red Bull moet hun motorenleverancier maar in de kou laten staan en GP3/GP2 kiezen als ze hun rijders ook willen inzetten in F1.

1 van de grootste talenten van de laatste jaren, Frijns, won F BMW, FR2.0 en FR3.5 in opeenvolgende jaren. Dat allemaal volstaat niet voor een SL.

Old 07-01-2015, 16:21   #33   link
Rufus
PimpMeister

Old 08-01-2015, 09:35   #34   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Onderhuids is het gewoon een dikke fuck you naar Renault. Prima zet, FIA, laat de champagne knallen.
Old 14-01-2015, 02:08   #35   link
Teus
key forum member

Quote:
Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes had until recently been expected to homologate their power units by February 28, the same cut-off point as last year.

But with no specific date listed in the rulebook, the FIA has clarified that existing manufacturers are now free to apply the permitted updates at any point.

Following a torrid 2014 season, in which Ferrari failed to win a race for the first time since 1993, Marchionne said the ruling marks an important step in the right direction.
Old 15-01-2015, 01:39   #36   link
DaHitch
Resident Curmudgeon

Ze mogen niet zomaar updates blijven uitvoeren hé.
Ten eerste zijn ze sowieso gebonden aan die 30 tokens, ten tweede mag een constructeur slechts 1 motor tegelijk gehomologeerd hebben. Dus als ze ervoor kiezen om de 2015 motor verder te blijven ontwikkelen moeten ze dus het seizoen starten met de motor van 2014. Dat betekent ook dat eenmaal dat eenmaal ze de 2015 motor laten homologeren dat deze het eerstvolgende weekend moet gebruikt worden voor de race, door alle teams die die motor gebruiken en dat zonder uitgebreide testsessies.
Aangezien dat voor sommige constructeurs problematisch kan worden qua logistiek word er gespeculeerd dat bv Mercedes geen gebruik zal maken van die loophole en 2015 zal starten met een 2015 spec motor. Het is namelijk te moeilijk om op zo'n korte tijd nog genoeg 2014 motoren te voorzien voor alle klanten.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Racing is life. Everything else is just waiting.
Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.
Accelerated movement sharpens the senses, dulls reality, heightens perception, quickens the mind, slows time, purifies travel, transports my being into another world - the place I want to live.
DaHitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 20:35   #37   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Véél interessanter: Pirelli wil graag bredere banden.

Dat hoor ik gaarne, meer mechanische grip zou met deze krachtbronnen een boeiend gegeven zijn. Indien men er dan, zoals luidop gefluisterd wordt, om en bij de 1000 paarden in knalt verschijnen er mooie vooruitzichten op het tarmac!

Meteen een uitstekende gelegenheid om dit keurige probeersel ook uit te voeren.

Old 15-01-2015, 21:11   #38   link
Teus
key forum member

yup, 1000pk en laagprofielbanden. breder zou mogen, als er meer spektakel van komt
Old 20-01-2015, 09:43   #39   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Morgen morgen we de eerste F1-bolide van 2015 aanschouwen, hoi!

21 jan Sahara Force India F1
29 jan McLaren Honda
30 jan Scuderia Ferrari
1 feb Mercedes AMG Petronas

Hopelijk brengt dit seizoen wat meer esthetiek en minder piemels/miereneters.
Old 20-01-2015, 14:55   #40   link
Potenza
De Verschrikkelijke

Lap, het zal morgen enkel de nieuwe livery worden.

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels