Go Back   Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels

Old 20-04-2015, 10:56   #21   link
Teus
key forum member

laten we deze ook niet vergeten

Old 25-04-2015, 20:54   #22   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Marc Márquez heeft zich geblesseerd, en 't lijkt nog niet zeker dat hij er bij zal zijn in Jerez:

Marc Marquez undergoes successful operation on little finger fracture

Quote:
Repsol Honda rider operated on this afternoon to treat fracture to little finger of left hand, suffered while training dirt track. His participation in the Spanish Grand Prix has not been ruled out.

Reigning MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez has been successfully operated on this afternoon by Dr. Xavier Mir, Head of the Unit for Hand and Upper Extremities Pathology at the Hospital Universitario Quiron Dexeus in Barcelona.

Dr. Mir commented after the surgery that Marquez had “attended the casualty department of the Hospital Universitario Quiron Dexeus having suffered a crash in training this morning. The patient presented a deformity to the little finger of his left hand and a subsequent X-Ray showed a fracture of the proximal phalanx, with displacement. Therefore, we decided to treat the injury -as we would in the case of any other patient- by fixing a titanium plate to his finger. This will allow us to initiate functional recovery after 24 hours and give him a chance of racing at Jerez.”
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 21:00   #23   link
Teus
key forum member

Quote:
Rossi and Marquez aren’t taking the bait

Not surprisingly, their dramatic collision in a thrilling Termas de Rio Hondo scrap in Argentina dominated the pre-event press conference...
With nineteen years of experience reporting on MotoGP™ for Motorcycle News, Matthew Birt knows the championship inside-out. For the 2015 season he joins the motogp.com team to bring you exclusive news and opinion from inside the paddock.

Not surprisingly, their dramatic collision in a pulsating Termas de Rio Hondo scrap in Argentina dominated the pre-event press conference. Everyone wants to know one thing: will the moment of contact that sent Marquez hurtling out of second place and Rossi hurtling towards a 110th career win in South America have a detrimental impact on their currently cordial relationship?

In other words, is Argentina the trigger to Rossi versus Marquez heading towards a bitter and acrimonious rivalry the same way that Rossi versus Biaggi, Rossi versus Gibernau and Rossi versus Stoner went?

Both denied their relationship will change, and only time will tell whether Rossi and Marquez’s relationship can survive what looks to be an enthralling fight for World Championship glory in 2015.

As Rossi said earlier today, nowadays the battle is more on track than about engaging in psychological warfare off it.

The field are happy to get embroiled in some tough and uncompromising combat on track, but there is a big respect off it and you seldom hear anybody making disparaging remarks. Well, in public at least.

When it comes to rivalries though, Rossi has been there, done that and got the T-shirt.

His rivalry with Biaggi went far deeper than the confines of the track. It was a clash of personalities and cultures and of all of Rossi’s foes, nobody quite got under his skin like the Roman did.

The trigger for Rossi and Biaggi’s headline grabbing rivalry was Suzuka in 2001. Powering down the home straight, Biaggi elbowed Rossi onto the grass at around 150mph.

It prompted the unforgettable image of Rossi flicking a one-fingered salute at Biaggi when he passed at the first corner on the next lap.

And who could forget Catalunya later in the same season, when Rossi and Biaggi’s rivalry got physical before the podium celebrations?

Of all of Rossi’s great enemies, the meltdown with Gibernau was the least expected. They used to be post race drinking buddies and as close as riders can get in the paddock, then it all went horribly sour in Qatar in 2004.

Rossi qualified on the dirty, sandy and dusty part of the grid in Doha and to ensure he got a clean getaway, his Yamaha crew performed burnouts on a scooter to lay rubber down on his starting position.

Gibernau’s Gresini Honda squad submitted a protest and Rossi was relegated to the back of the grid and subsequently crashed out of the race. Rubbing salt and sand into his wounds, Gibernau won.

Even today in Jerez, Rossi remarked that he felt Gibernau had played a ‘dirty game’.

Rossi and Gibernau have since reconciled. Without the blood and thunder of on-track competition to fuel the fire, they buried the hatchet and remain on good terms.

Rossi and Stoner’s relationship never recovered from Laguna Seca in 2008. Dominant in practice and qualifying, most would have put their life savings on the Aussie beating Rossi. But the Italian got in front of Stoner, repeatedly disturbed his rhythm and pulled off an audacious move at the Corkscrew that Marquez himself copied five years later. Stoner later crashed out, but he said Rossi’s riding overstepped the boundaries of fairness and that he’d lost a lot of respect for the Italian.

The animosity never waned and when Rossi wiped out Stoner in Jerez back in 2011, Rossi’s attempt at a post race apology inside saw Stoner deliver the scathing ‘did your ambition outweigh your talent?’ putdown.

So far, Marquez and Rossi’s rivalry has all been good-natured.

Marquez has even been to Rossi’s VR46 training ranch in Tavullia and the pair have talked incessantly about their mutual respect for each other. That didn’t change in the immediate aftermath of Argentina.

Maybe more paint-swapping at Jerez’s final corner on Sunday could change all that.

Both laughed when asked about tactics and strategy for a potential final corner showdown in today’s press conference.

Both have come out on top in previous last corner battles in Jerez. Just ask Gibernau and Lorenzo.

What we can be sure of if it does come down to Rossi and Marquez at turn 13 on Sunday afternoon: no quarter will be given.
Old 02-05-2015, 14:11   #24   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Lorenzo op pole, hopelijk eindigt hij morgen eens op het podium. 'k Heb de indruk dat hij dit seizoen mentaal veel sterker staat dan begin vorig jaar, maar het wilde tot nu toe maar niet lukken voor hem. Problemen met de helm in Qatar, griep in Austin en de banden in Argentinië. De races gaan er alleen maar nog beter van worden als hij ook terug meedoet voor de ereplaatsen.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:06   #25   link
quantrias

Op welke zender(s) is dat tegenwoordig te zien? Moto GP dat is.
Dit weekend geen F1 dus wil wel eens iets anders zien voor als de voetbal te saai is deze middag.
quantrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:26   #26   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Eurosport zendt meestal bijna alle sessies uit vanaf vrijdag, 't is wel soms wat zappen tussen NL en FR omdat ze niet allebei alles tonen, en hun gegevens in de tv-gids zijn ook niet altijd betrouwbaar. Af en toe krijgt er een andere sport voorrang maar voor vandaag ziet het er goed uit.

La Deux zendt ook de MotoGP- en Moto2-races uit, maar geen Moto3.

Uurrooster voor vandaag:

Code:
Moto3 	WUP 	08:40 - 09:00
Moto2 	WUP 	09:10 - 09:30
MotoGP 	WUP 	09:40 - 10:00
Moto3 	RAC 	11:00
Moto2 	RAC 	12:20
MotoGP 	RAC 	14:00
Old 03-05-2015, 14:18   #27   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
De races gaan er alleen maar nog beter van worden als hij ook terug meedoet voor de ereplaatsen.
Hij is terug, maar de rest zal vroeger moeten opstaan om het spannend te houden.

Toch genoten van hoe Lorenzo iedereen overklaste, terwijl de helft van de pers vorige week nog dacht dat hij rijp was voor z'n pensioen.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:16   #28   link
Teus
key forum member

Lorenzo in zijn element, was toch wel uitbundig met zijn overwinning.
Ach, niet zo rap iemand opgeven. Toen het voor Rossi niks werd bij Ducati was zijn eerste seizoen terug bij Yamaha niet zo heel goed, en toen lonkte zijn pensioen zéker.
Old 12-05-2015, 13:26   #29   link
Teus
key forum member

jeej

Quote:
Hey everyone,
I’m really happy to be able to catch up with you on the blog today and give you some good news.

My recovery has gone well, I think I was right to be patient and take it slowly, and to respect the time frames that I needed. Now, finally, I can tell you that I will be in Le Mans this weekend.

The truth is that I’m really keen to get back on my motorbike, as I’m sure you can guess.

It’s not just about that, though. I’m also excited to get back to my team to work side by side with them again. They’re a great bunch.

I wanted to thank you again for the countless messages of support that you’ve all sent me. They’ve made the wait much easier, I can tell you that from the heart. You’ve always been with me. As you always remind me, I know I don’t walk alone!

Question of the week

Have you ever stopped to think, when a fan approaches you, that in reality you don’t know him but he does know a lot about you and sees you as a close friend?
Question from pacojaen

Hi pacojaen,

The truth is that I’ve not really thought about it like that, or stopped to think on it in detail. But it does affect me in another way, a more emotional way, the feeling of it more than thinking about it. I mean that I feel the affection, the closeness, the way that you act with me. And there’s so many of you now that it actually almost seems normal to me now, when actually it’s incredible. I feel that affection especially in the bad times, which shows that it’s sincere. And that touches me a great deal.

Speak to you all next week,

Dani
Old 13-05-2015, 07:12   #30   link
Teus
key forum member

Quote:
Reigning MotoGP World Champion Marc Márquez says he is nearing full fitness following the finger injury which he sustained last month.

Márquez was injured during training as a friend accidentally rode over his finger, which required surgery prior to the race at Jerez, in which Márquez finished second to Jorge Lorenzo.
ah, zo dus.
ergens zal iemand zich vreselijk voelen omdat hij over de wereldkampioen motogp is gereden en die geblesseerd is =)
Old 17-05-2015, 13:48   #31   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Altijd genieten als Márquez zijn oude speelkameraad Iannone tegenkomt!

En als Lorenzo en Rossi zo doorgaan kunnen ze binnenkort de beruchte muur tussen hun pits terug optrekken.
Old 20-05-2015, 02:57   #32   link
Teus
key forum member

Quote:
Altijd genieten als Márquez zijn oude speelkameraad Iannone tegenkomt!
zaligheid
Old 30-05-2015, 18:52   #33   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Het ronderecord in Mugello is al meermaals gesneuveld dit weekend, en daarstraks nog maar eens scherper gezet met de pole van Iannone, die met een gebroken opperarmbeen rondging in 1:46.489, ondertussen een dikke halve seconde onder het oude record uit 2013. 361 km/h gemeten topsnelheid en waarschijnlijk was het nog een paar km/h meer, want 't schijnt accelereren ze nog even door als ze de meting al voorbij zijn.

Team Márquez stak zichzelf weer eens stokken in de wielen met een dwaze strategie en hij start morgen vanop de 13de plek, spektakel gegarandeerd.

Sowieso is Mugello elk jaar één van de specialere weekends. Ik moet toch weer op Jorge Lorenzo tippen omdat die de laatste jaren nauwelijks te kloppen is op dit circuit, maar liefst van al zou ik een Italiaan zien winnen voor eigen publiek, wie precies maakt niet veel uit. In Moto3 krioelt het ook van de kanshebbers voor een thuisoverwinning.
Old 31-05-2015, 10:53   #34   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Quote:
In Moto3 krioelt het ook van de kanshebbers voor een thuisoverwinning.
Verdekke, besluit er toch wel geen Portugees om zijn langverwachte eerste zege uitgerekend vandaag te behalen zeker.
Old 14-06-2015, 17:24   #35   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Vier op een rij voor Lorenzo, het onvoorspelbare karakter van de races in het begin van het seizoen is aan 't verdwijnen.

Het zag er vandaag tenminste uit alsof Rossi nog een vuist had kunnen maken als hij zich beter had gekwalificeerd en/of nog beter gestart was. Hij hield Lorenzo goed bij maar had gewoon geen overschot om het nadeel van starten op de derde rij weer goed te maken. Of er nog veel ruimte voor verbetering in zijn kwalificatietempo is weet ik niet, maar volgende keer is 't in Assen te doen en dat circuit ligt hem alleszins.

Nog eens een zeldzame crash van Dovizioso, na mechanische pech in Mugello is dat ook al twee keer op een rij nul punten. En Márquez is schijnbaar ook een beetje aan 't flippen.

Eerste punten voor Maria Herrera in Moto3 trouwens, ze had tot nu toe niet veel laten zien maar als je naar haar CEV-voorgeschiedenis kijkt lijkt ze wel de real deal en allesbehalve een symbolisch grietje op een racemotor.
Old 16-06-2015, 20:40   #36   link
Teus
key forum member

Met veel vertraging zag ik de laatste 2 races, aangezien ik op reis was. Vreselijk om Marquez 2 keer na elkaar en Crutchlow 3x na elkaar te zien crashen. In elk geval vind ik het een fijn seizoen omdat het geen solo show van één rijder is. Nu, Lorenzo won 4 races, maar Rossi staat nog altijd één punt voor. Als Marquez weer in vorm raakt hebben we 3 rijders die het kampioenschap vast kunnen krijgen, met een vrij evenwichtige verdeling van kansen.
Old 19-06-2015, 06:24   #37   link
Teus
key forum member

http://www.motormeuk.nl/bekijken/143...s-zo-snel.html
[quote]Het racepak en de motor van McGuinnes werden uitgerust met sensoren om 20 verschillende aspecten van het motorrijden te kunnen meten. Zo werden biometrische en mechanische data verkregen die vervolgens geanalyseerd werden om een antwoord te kunnen verkrijgen op bovenstaande vraag.

De eerste test vond plaats op het Spaanse circuit van Monteblanco en om de data van John te kunnen vergelijken werd er een tweede rijder uitgenodigd in de persoon van MCN’s Adam Child. Doel van dit vergelijk was uiteraard om in te kunnen zien waarom een rijder als McGuinnes zo veel sneller is dan een normale sterveling als MCN’s hoofdredacteur.

Wat meteen na deze testdag opviel was dat de TT kampioen zoals verwacht niet alleen veel sneller is dan de Britse redacteur, maar ook veel consistenter op alle punten. McGuinnes reageert met andere woorden elke ronde op elk punt hetzelfde, terwijl Child ronde na ronde juist veel verschillen liet zien in zijn rijstijl. Daarnaast liet de hartslagmeter zien dat de TT kampioen met een gemiddelde hartslag van 140 slagen p.m. een stuk meer ontspannen was dan Child die zijn hart opjoeg naar 170 slagen p.m.

De gemeten data werd vervolgens gedeeld in een crowd van wetenschappers die via een wedstrijd werden uitgedaagd om deze data te analyseren. De uitkomst van deze analyses zijn op z’n minst interessant te noemen. Zo liet één onderzoek zien dat factoren als lichaamspositie op de motor en positie van de motor op het circuit relatief zwaarder wegen dan mechanische variabelen in het behalen van een snellere tijd. Een andere wetenschapper toonde aan dat de snelle rijder (MCGuinnes) in krappe, langzame, bochten een hogere hellingshoek behaalde en in wijde, snelle, bochten juist minder hellingshoek nodig had dan de langzamere rijder (Child).

De volgende stap was het meten van de input van mens en machine gedurende een race tijdens de TT op de Ilse of Man. De gegevens van de nog maar onlangs gereden race worden momenteel weer door dezelfde crowd geanalyseerd. De uitkomsten hiervan zijn nog niet bekend, maar zijn binnenkort te vinden op de website van EMC via deze link. De moeite van het bezoeken waard.[/quote
Old 24-06-2015, 20:52   #38   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash.net

Marc Marquez will roll the dice and try last year's Honda chassis during this weekend's Dutch MotoGP round at Assen.

Marquez has struggled with unpredictable rear-end slides from the latest RCV, hurting his previous corner-entry strength and forcing him to place ever more faith in the front tyre.

After falling for the second time in as many races, Marquez stepped back to the 2014 chassis (fitted with the 2015 engine, exhaust and swingarm) for the post-race Catalunya test.

The Repsol Honda star reported “the feeling was good”, although a rain storm wrecked his chances of a full evaluation.

But with non-scores in three of the seven races dropping Marquez 69-points behind title leader Valentino Rossi, and 68 from Jorge Lorenzo, Marquez has little to lose by taking risks with his machinery.
Old 26-06-2015, 12:25   #39   link
Teus
key forum member

ik ben toch blij dat ik van voornaamste interesse overgeschakeld ben van F1 naar motogp.

Quote:
The MotoGP™ Championship enters a new phase as key measures are agreed upon in order to ensure the stability of the sport in coming years.
"This agreement has been possible thanks to the consensus we have thanks to the Grand prix commission," explained Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta in a press conference held on Friday at the Motul TT Assen alongside FIM President Vito Ippolito and IRTA President Hervé Poncharal.

Carmelo Ezpeleta: "I want to say a special thanks to all the members of the MSMA, first the FIM who has allowed us to talk to everyone and to IRTA who brings us the feeling of the paddock as well as advising us. The MSMA itself who gives us the opinion of the manufacturers. We want to say a special thanks to the three companies; Ducati, Honda and Yamaha who have been participating throughout and have helped the success of the championship.

“We are extremely happy and a big thank you to them for permitting us to do this. Also to the teams for permitting this, it has not been easy for them but we feel this agreement is good for everyone especially the private teams.

“This is a process that started with CRT then the Open class, then the spec electronics for all and ends with the stability of the championship. All the technical rules will stay the same until 2021 unless everybody agrees to change something or it is for safety. Starting from 2017 we will have 6 manufacturers participating in MotoGP: Aprilia, Ducati, Honda, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha. All of these six will have the right to participate in the championship with two official riders. They also have the obligation to put a minimum of two bikes in the market for leasing, with a maximum of four, for the existing teams in the championship. These bikes will have a max price of 2.2 million Euros per annum including everything except crash costs. This is only for existing teams. We have now 25 riders participating and for the period of 2017 to 2021 the minimum will be 22 riders on the grid and the maximum 24. We will not admit any other teams or manufacturers if we’re over 22 riders; this is to support the teams that have been participating in MotoGP.

“Dorna also have the right to buy the slot of the last two teams in the championship each year. This is a right, not an obligation. Hopefully we don’t need to use this right. If any new manufacturers arrive they will be obliged to reach an agreement with an existing private team, we will not admit new manufacturers as we have done in the past.

“The contribution from Dorna through the manufacturers, and especially the private teams, will be more than a 30% increase between 2016 to 2017. With this contribution, especially to the private teams, the teams will have enough resources to pay the leasing from the manufacturers at the previously mentioned price.

“It is important for the market to be open, with six manufacturers the private teams have a choice of who to make an agreement with. This agreement will hopefully promote stability. We have 13 riders within a second today, a very competitive championship. We want to thank everyone who has helped us arrive to this. We think with the same electronics the championship will be even closer.”
Old 27-06-2015, 16:37   #40   link
Clipper
Berger d'Arcadie

Quote:
Of er nog veel ruimte voor verbetering in zijn kwalificatietempo is weet ik niet, maar volgende keer is 't in Assen te doen en dat circuit ligt hem alleszins.
Pole en (ietwat controversiële) overwinning, beter dan dat zal nu echt niet meer gaan.

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels