Go Back   Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels

Old 07-10-2015, 21:43   #21   link
DaHitch
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson ‏@JeremyClarkson
With a skeleton crew, filming for Amazon Prime's new motoring programme has begun.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
Racing is life. Everything else is just waiting.
Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else.
Accelerated movement sharpens the senses, dulls reality, heightens perception, quickens the mind, slows time, purifies travel, transports my being into another world - the place I want to live.
DaHitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 11:08   #22   link
Teus
key forum member

guy martin facebook post

Quote:
DAFT things started to happen when all the Jeremy Clarkson stuff kicked off and it became clear he was getting the boot from Top Gear. Loads of rumours started that I was going to replace him. It was all a load of rubbish at first — just bookies putting out odds to get gullible people to part with their money — but then Chris Evans got involved with Top Gear and Andy Spellman [Martin's manager] got a phone call from some gadgie at the BBC saying that Evans wanted to talk to me and that I could do one show, do all the shows, do what I wanted, as long as I was in Top Gear.
I didn’t say no straight away, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew it wasn’t right for me. For one thing, if I did it, I’d always be compared with Clarkson . . . Another reason not to do it was because the BBC man said it was the biggest television show in the world.
How many presenters would turn that down? Not many of them, but I did. I’m not being cocky, but I can turn down the biggest TV show in the world because TV work is not my big picture. I sometimes whinge about the amount of attention I’m getting at the moment — imagine how bad it would be if I were on Top Gear. I couldn’t go and race a Harley-Davidson chopper at Dirt Quake on a quiet weekend, could I?
Top Gear might pay squillions of pounds, but what do I want all that for? I can earn enough for the life I want fixing lorries and doing a few other bits and pieces. In any case, we’re doing our own thing and North One Television is on our wavelength now. It’s the only production company I’ve worked with, and it’s come up with its best idea. It’s the best idea anyone’s come up with — the wall of death.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:08   #23   link
Teus
key forum member

brace for impact =)

Quote:
‘Top Gear' Host Chris Evans' Ego Is ‘Out Of Control' According To BBC Staff: ‘They've Created A Monster'
Jeremy Clarkson might not have had the best reputation when he worked on ‘Top Gear’ (especially when it came to his food demands), but Chris Evans is giving him a run for his money, according to reports.
The Radio 2 Breakfast Show host’s ego is ‘out of control’, according to staff working on the revamped motoring show, months before it hits our screens next May.
An insider told The Sun: “They got rid of Clarkson because of his behaviour off screen but they’ve created another monster in Chris.
“He is falling out with a lot of people and even his close friends are concerned.
“People at Radio 2 have noticed a real difference in him. it has become obvious he is overworked and overstretched.”
Months after Chris was announced as Jeremy Clarkson’s replacement, there has still not been any official announcement of who will co-present the BBC Two show.
There are reportedly concerns that the presenter is determined to make ‘Top Gear’ a ‘star vehicle’ for himself, and just last month he suggested that the traditional three-way hosting line-up could be dropped.
“If there's three of you and you go and make a film together, suddenly you're doing what they did. Why would you do that? They were brilliant at it... [but] I'm not going to do that," he told the Press Association.

"They're the Three Stooges, they are the Bee Gees, they are that and I'm not, I'm me. I'm a solo artist at the moment, I'm on my own, so do I form a band or not?"
But a source told The Sun: “As the process has gone on, lots of top people have expressed a real interest in co-presenting – including some of his good mates like Suzi and Natalie – but he has found reasons to make it impossible for any of them to get the job.”
Chris’s 10 episode deal with Channel 4 to present the reboot of ‘TFI Friday’ has also caused problems, with BBC TV boss Danny Cohen admitting he was shocked he had signed up for both shows.
“I was a little bit surprised,” he said. “He had a commitment, he’s finishing it, but after that he will be solely focused on Top Gear.”
But the insider added: “The reality is that he should be focusing on Top Gear but his mind is on TFI.
“It is adding to the frenzy and stress.”
Old 19-01-2016, 20:36   #24   link
Teus
key forum member

keuze voor chris evans lijkt hoe langer hoe slechter te zijn

Quote:
The two main things a good Top Gear presenter has to do is to drive and…well, present.
But, according to reports, new host Chris Evans is struggling with the basics mastered by his predecessor Jeremy Clarkson as scenes which see him talking whilst driving are taking up to ten takes to get right, leaving the production team with a headache.
The car show, which is expected to return later this year, has a lot riding on Chris Evans but a source apparently close to the programme has told The Sun that he is having big problems, something which the BBC have since strongly denied.
The source said: ‘Chris is really struggling to master the art of driving and talking to camera, which is crucial. It’s a skill. Jeremy, Richard and James could do it no problem, in one or two takes. Chris is in a massive sweat about it because he often ends up fluffing his lines.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - JUNE 17: Chris Evans seen leaving the BBC Radio 2 Studios the day after being announced as the new 'Top Gear' host on June 17, 2015 in London, England. Photo by Alex Huckle/GC Images)
(Picture: GC Studios)
‘The professional drivers are doing a lot more to cover for him and the camera crew are getting frustrated.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/06/top-ge...#ixzz3xijqEeo3
Quote:
While gearheads across the world reveled in excitement that fan-favorite drivers Chris Harris, David Coulthard and Sabine Schmitz might join the cast of the revamped BBC Top Gear, if a lengthy report in The Sun is to be believed, the rest of the show is in a lot of trouble before it even starts.

Where to begin on this one? It’s a very in-depth story with supposed “insider” accounts of a “a catalogue of setbacks” for the new Top Gear, including new host and broadcasting veteran Chris Evans butting heads with producers and the BBC itself, reports that the show has to become “a lot more PC” post-Jeremy Clarkson, problems with cars, and a less favorable reaction to the reported new hosts than expected.

Here are some of the juicier tidbits from the report (UPDATE: which is echoed by this story in the Daily Mail, where Evans is a car columnist, awkwardly enough

Evans apparently crashed a brand new Jaguar tester on his first time around the famed Top Gear track. Ouch. I know that feel, bro!
The show “has had to become a lot more PC following the Clarkson row,” which will likely disappoint fans of Top Gear’s edgy humor but shouldn’t surprise anyone considering how much trouble it was always in before.
Evans, called a “control freak,” is at odds with producers; he wants total ownership over the show like longtime producer Andy Wilman had but the BBC says there’s too much at stake for a show worth “more than Ł50 million a year” in merchandising, live events and other revenue sources.
The BBC wants Evans to give up his radio work to focus on Top Gear, and Evans hasn’t been willing to do that. Evans also apparently isn’t very good at pre-recorded videos, which is all Top Gear is.
The production team apparently “doesn’t know anything about cars,” leading the Top Gear magazine staff to be brought in to suggest ideas. That is... um, worrisome.
The mainstream public isn’t as excited about Coulthard, Schmitz and Harris as we are: “The appointments came after big names including Zoë Ball, Jodie Kidd and Suzi Perry had all been linked to the revamped show before they ruled themselves out.”
The story says Evans wants them because they’re relative unknowns outside the car world, and he wants to stay the star of the show.
There’s a lot more in the story, which, to be fair, is from a notoriously rumormongering British tabloid and should be taken with a grain of salt. At the same time, it’s all pretty comprehensive, and none of it is that surprising to hear.
Old 04-02-2016, 14:53   #25   link
Dodgy
Serious Member

Euhm, ok.

Matt LeBlanc to be Top Gear co-presenter

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35490238
Dodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 13:50   #26   link
Teus
key forum member

ok we weten het
Chris Harris
Sabine Schmitz
Eddie Jordan -> brace for impact
Quote:
Last week, the BBC announced that Matt LeBlanc would join Chris Evans as Top Gear’s second host. Now, it’s revealed the rest of the cast.

All told there will be seven presenters of the show—which means Jalopnik was right in its claims that there would be at least five. Alongside Evans and LeBlanc will be:

Eddie Jordan, who was also rumored to be making an appearance. He joins from the BBC’s Formula 1 team.
Chris Harris, who hosts a popular YouTube motoring programme, and was photographed in a pub with Evans recently, somewhat giving the game away.
Sabine Schmitz, a kick-ass German racing driver who can drive a van around the Nurburgring very, very fast.
Rory Reid from Recombu Cars.
Last week, the BBC announced that Matt LeBlanc would join Chris Evans as Top Gear’s second host. Now, it’s revealed the rest of the cast.

All told there will be seven presenters of the show—which means Jalopnik was right in its claims that there would be at least five. Alongside Evans and LeBlanc will be:

Eddie Jordan, who was also rumored to be making an appearance. He joins from the BBC’s Formula 1 team.
Chris Harris, who hosts a popular YouTube motoring programme, and was photographed in a pub with Evans recently, somewhat giving the game away.
Sabine Schmitz, a kick-ass German racing driver who can drive a van around the Nurburgring very, very fast.
Rory Reid from Recombu Cars.
Old 11-02-2016, 16:56   #27   link
OmegaII
Typo Master

Te hopen dat de rest van het format ook deftig is. Maar meer afwisseling is misschien niet slecht.
Old 11-02-2016, 21:07   #28   link
KingSix

't Was op de radio vandaag. Zeven nieuwe presentators blech. James May vond ik nog de coolste, die 2 ander pipo's meh.
KingSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 21:39   #29   link
Lycas

7 man je, wa is da ne koffie klets over auto's geworden dan.

BBC is er maar wat op aan het gooien om dat programma toch nog te redden.
Lycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 21:57   #30   link
KingSix

Gezien de kijkcijfers van de Top Gears in verschillende continenten lijkt me da logisch.

Ik ga dien dwerg Hammond en die blaaskaak Clarkson niet echt missen, maar kvind het spijtig van James May..
Old 11-02-2016, 21:57   #31   link
KingSix

ahja en 't is te hopen dat ge Friends goed vond, anders zijt ge wel genegerd.
Old 12-02-2016, 00:10   #32   link
Disabled
Integrated Amplifier

Send a message via ICQ to Disabled Send a message via MSN to Disabled
Lol. Hire all the presenters! Man man. Laat al maar.
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 00:24   #33   link
Lycas

Binnenkort die Rebecca van Telegraph cars er nog bij en Mat van Carbuyer. Gooi maar op een hoop.
Old 12-02-2016, 00:38   #34   link
Teus
key forum member

Ik veronderstel dat er in de studio slechts enkele tegelijk aanwezig zullen zijn om te presenteren. Sommige zullen dan wel hun eigen vast onderdeel hebben, zoals de Stig...
Hopelijk wordt het terug iets voor autoliefhebbers, en geen dom entertainment met wat wrakken langs hier en peperdure sportwagens langs daar.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:26   #35   link
Lycas

Wat neen?

Alle toffe challenges missen met de oldtimers of die aftandse wagens waarmee ze domme dingen uithalen. Een auto voor 1000 pond kopen etc etc, dat waren good times. Hun wagen reviews waren super biased en redelijk shit.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:39   #36   link
rooz
volhardend verontwaardigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
dom entertainment met wat wrakken langs hier en peperdure sportwagens langs daar.
Ik keek daar 10 jaar geleden naar en dat was toen al zo?
Das ook de reden dat ik dat totaal niet meer volg, zo ongeveer vanaf het moment dat collega's zeiden "HEB JE GISTEREN NAAR TOP GEAR GEKEKEN?"
Ja mongool die aflevering heb ik 2 jaar geleden al gezien.

Gescripte grapjes, gescripte "pech" bij de challenges werd ik redelijk snel beu eigenlijk.
rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:49   #37   link
Lycas

Alles is in scene gezet op de televisie, het maakte er niet minder grappig om. Zoals ik al zei; Hun auto reviews waren gewoon slecht en serieus biased. Top Gear was al zeer lang gewoon een entertainment show met wagens dan een echt auto programma. Fine for me, ge kunt geen miljoenen kijkers content houden met wat reviews.

Als ik een echte review wil lezen van wagens, lees ik wel Carbuyer ofzoiets.
Old 26-04-2016, 21:18   #38   link
Teus
key forum member

We’ve already heard about how much of a shit-show the new Top Gear seems to be, particularly because of the allegedly temperamental attitude of the main host, Chris Evans. Well, now thanks to The Sun, more reports of Chris Evans being a bit of a tyrant are flowing in.

According to The Sun’s anonymous BBC staffers, Evans behaves even worse than his predecessor, the always-controversial Jeremy Clarkson. That’s quite a feat, considering Clarkson has been kicked out of entire countries and even got canned for punching a dude in the face over some food.

But yep, it seems Evans is having some hissy-fits, in part because he’s trying to keep his job as a radio host at the same time as being host for Top Gear:

Evans, 50, has upset staff at BBC Radio 2 as he struggles to balance his TV role with his hit breakfast show... And The Sun can reveal his radio backroom team are becoming increasingly concerned about his outbursts and diva-style behaviour.
One of The Sun’s sources at the BBC went on to claim that the host even went so far as to make someone cry, recalling an incident where Evans “shout so viciously that the producer was reduced to tears and an engineer had to tell him to stop.”

Yikes.

The sources went on, saying:

Chris’s ego is out of control and he’s behaving far worse than Clarkson ever did — which is the opposite of what the Top Gear change was meant to create.
The source then talked about how Chris’ workload is likely affecting his behavior:

The Radio 2 show is the country’s most popular. But Chris is turning up exhausted and miserable and his staff have noticed a huge difference. Top Gear’s a full-time job, but Radio 2 involves waking at dawn every day. It’s probably no surprise he seems close to breaking point.
So yes, more drama from the new Top Gear, but who knows if any of it’s true. The Sun does mention that Mark Linsey, BBC Director of Studios, and Bob Shennan, Radio 2 head, are both backing Evans:

Since taking on Top Gear alongside his Radio 2 breakfast show, Chris has displayed even greater commitment and professionalism.
But of course they would! They have a vested interest in making sure the entire show doesn’t fall apart. In fact, it’s in their vested interest to make sure not only that everything about the new show is great, but that every member of the public thinks it’s great. Because it’s not like Clarkson, Hammond, and May just evaporated into the ether. They’re still doing their own show, and the BBC is surely mindful of the competition.

So rail all you want, with your unearned media criticism of British tabloids. Maybe The Sun is wrong. Maybe everything really is wonderful over in Top Gear land. But the tabloids have been right before.

We’ve reached out to the BBC for comment, and will update if we hear back.
Old 30-05-2016, 11:52   #39   link
rooz
volhardend verontwaardigd

Volgens The Telegraph gaf de voormalige Friends-ster wat broodnodige grinta aan de show. "Er was wel te weinig ruimte voor spontaniteit, alles leek in een script te zijn gegoten", klinkt het.

rofl want dat was voordien het geval niet
rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 17:12   #40   link
Cage
Reetman

Gisteren een stuk gezien en halfweg afgezet, ik ken die Chris Evans niet maar hij is redelijk onuitstaanbaar. Heel veel geroep, het stoort persoon waar ik zenuwen van krijg.

Matt is nog wel ok
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Amusement > Hot Wheels