Go Back   Shrimp Refuge Forums > Spelletjes > Videogames

Old 24-02-2017, 15:06   #21   link
Mr. Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliuz View Post
Was geleden van zelda op de gameboy dat ik nog eens eentje gespeeld heb.
Ik dacht, ik probeer die nieuwe dolphin 5.0 eens om wat nieuwere titels te proberen (https://dolphin-emu.org/)

Fuck me zeg, wat een verrassing. Shit draait gewoon gestoord goed op 4K zelfs.
Zelda wind waker , 15 jaar oud en dat draait gelijk zot , speelt gelijk zot en ziet er zelfs nog best cava uit (animaties enzo 10/10 voor die tijd).

Spel in 1 ruk (paar sessies) uitgespeeld, shit is beter dan 90% van de games op de markt op dit moment. Uitdaging, af en toe eens moeten zoeken, goed verhaal, leutige bazen.

Ben op slag hyped geraakt voor de switch (en ik voel mij er vies voor als master race voor de laatste duust jaar, mijn laatste console was een PS1 yeuy)

De eerste reviews voor die nieuwe Zelda zijn binnen en tschijnt alles te zijn wat iedereen verwacht en meer. Een zelda/skyrim openworld opt gemak op een mobiel apparaat, yes pls, ik wil die shit voor Zelda alleen. FUARK

*cons: undocked zou hij het maar 3u volhouden tijdens het Zelda spelen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExReey View Post
Er is nog altijd een review embargo voor Zelda tot 3 maart, het preview embargo daarentegen is sinds vandaag gedaan...

Uit de eerste preview die ik vond:

Quote:
Lets get Breath of the Wild’s demand that you take it seriously out of the way first, in case you haven’t been following the interviews and narrative surrounding it in the last year or so. Breath of the Wild is, without question or debate, the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years. In fact, as an “old” who literally grew up playing the original Zelda games on NES and SNES when they came out, I’d argue it’s the hardest Zelda game period. The first twenty minutes or so are pretty low key — you can kill the scrub bokoblins and other minor enemies you meet without much trouble using nothing more than a tree branch picked up off the ground. But once you leave the initial learning spaces and venture into more typical zones, you’re probably going to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliuz View Post
Stukje polygon , hebben de pre-review snel weer verwijderd omdat ze het embargo gebroken hadden.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...t=firefox-b-ab

of hier als ze het weer verwijderen
Quote:
There’s a literal list of things in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild I’m not allowed to talk about yet, but right now, a week before launch and about 20 hours into the game, there are really only two things I feel I need to talk about. First, Breath of the Wild respects your intelligence as a player more than any Legend of Zelda game before it (with the possible exception of 2013’s 3DS release A Link Between Worlds). And second? Breath of the Wild demands your respect. And if you forget that for longer than a few minutes it’ll remind you by knocking you flat on your ass. A quick bit of housekeeping: these impressions are based on a lot of time with a final, retail version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch. This isn’t a review exactly — these thoughts aren’t final, as I’m not finished with the game. Nowhere close, in fact. But I have played enough to have some very strong opinions that are solidly formed, big surprises or changes of pace notwithstanding. Lets get Breath of the Wild’s demand that you take it seriously out of the way first, in case you haven’t been following the interviews and narrative surrounding it in the last year or so. Breath of the Wild is, without question or debate, the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years. In fact, as an “old” who literally grew up playing the original Zelda games on NES and SNES when they came out, I’d argue it’s the hardest Zelda game period. The first twenty minutes or so are pretty low key — you can kill the scrub bokoblins and other minor enemies you meet without much trouble using nothing more than a tree branch picked up off the ground. But once you leave the initial learning spaces and venture into more typical zones, you’re probably going to die.
And, like, you’re probably going to die a lot, honestly. Often without much warning. Or at least I did, and still do, if I’m not careful. This is in large part because Breath of the Wild gates off areas of the world behind specific kinds of equipment less than any third-person Zelda game. The geographic options in front of me felt almost overwhelming right from the start, and that was just in the opening plateau that serves as the game’s tutorial space. Once you obtain a specific item that allows you to leave that plateau, Hyrule is your oyster. It just happens to be an oyster full of really angry monsters and ancient death machines that will murder you if they see you. Often, the only indication Breath of the Wild might give that you are under-equipped for the space you’re in is an enemy taking you from, say, six hearts to a quarter of one in a single axe swipe or spear lunge (assuming, you know, they don’t just kill you outright). Or, like I said, they’ll just kill you with no real fanfare or warning, and the game will reload you fairly close to where you were, hopefully having learned an important lesson about Hyrule’s ecosystem and its desire for you not to exist in it.
Comparisons to games like Dark Souls are probably inevitable, but they’re not exactly fair. You don’t lose anything when you die, other than the time lost getting back to where you were. You do have to contend with equipment with a finite lifespan however, and resources will often be scarce unless you gather ingredients to make potions and meals. This is something I’ve typically avoided in open world action RPGs in the last several years — I find this kind of thing incredibly boring. But for whatever reason, cooking and mixing in Breath of the Wild feels a little more loose and a little more immediately rewarding, and, well, it’s an absolute necessity. There’s a practical reason for this. While spaces in Breath of the Wild aren’t item gated exactly, aside from the aforementioned enemies that will smash you, they can be beyond your physical capabilities. While Link is physically capable — he can climb most walls and use a sort of hang glider, and he can swim right away, no items required — more strenuous activity depletes Link’s limited stamina bar. However, if you cook the right things together, you can create meals and elixirs that, say, refill your stamina completely, or even give you temporary extra stamina that might allow you to reach a spot you otherwise couldn’t. Also if you don’t make meals that give you more than a heart or two back — or, eventually, that give you bonus temporary hearts — you’re not going to survive against more powerful common enemies you’ll find out in the world.
At first this all feels like a lot to keep track of and consider while playing a Zelda game, but it quickly became second nature for me. And it all ties into the first idea I talked about above, that Breath of the Wild feels like the first third-person, big budget Zelda game to eschew a meandering, elaborate, incredibly extended tutorial section. Breath of the Wild teaches you to play it, don’t get me wrong. The plateau you start on gives you the powers and abilities you’ll use for much of the game’s puzzle solving via shrines, and each shrine is a series of instructional scenarios for a particular ability. But you can also screw around and kill Bokoblins and climb and explore the area to your heart’s content if that’s what you want to do, and you could spend hours doing it before you left for the rest of Hyrule. Put another way: as I was playing the first few hours of Breath of the Wild, I was capturing gameplay for Polygon’s coverage. At a certain point I considered restarting the game to get better footage. I considered restarting a Zelda game’s first hours without hating life. Breath of the Wild, in respecting your intelligence, also respects your time. That respect radiates outward. The puzzle logic in Breath of the Wild feels legitimately logical, and smartly physics-based. There are optional shrines scattered throughout Hyrule that act as mini puzzle dungeons, and almost without exception, they’ve all been a lot of fun to figure out. After more than two dozen of them, Breath of the Wild also doesn’t seem out of ideas. And so far, this is the thing I’m most struck by. Breath of the Wild has so far managed to integrate a steady stream of new ideas and twists on existing Zelda concepts, including weapon durability and variety. Example: boomerangs are now dual use tools that can be wielded as melee weapons or thrown in traditional Zelda fashion, but if you do the latter, you’ll need to be quick and catch it on the way back. Every weapon I’ve found so far is a finite tool as well, so I’ve learned not to get too attached. But even with these and other, bigger changes, Breath of the Wild has never stopped feeling like a Zelda game — and what’s more, it seems poised to establish itself as the first current, vital feeling Zelda title in longer than I can remember. You can read my final thoughts on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on March 2 at 3AM PT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExReey View Post
Quote:
Nintendo has talked about how they went back to the very first NES game for inspiration, which sounds like hyperbole given the technology gulf between 1986 and now. But actually, the comparisons are entirely valid.

Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop of their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance.

You always expect a Zelda game to be good, but the attention to detail and willingness to innovate in Breath Of The Wild is well beyond our expectations. We wouldn’t suggest that any of this necessarily has anything to do with the Switch though, as the game was originally designed for the Wii U. As such the graphics are certainly not a match for the likes of Horizon, with often very simple geometry and textures. The frame rate sometimes becomes a little syrupy too, and there’s obvious object pop-in if you look for it.

We’re doing our best to find faults here but the truth is we’re hugely impressed. We already know some things we can’t talk about here, and other secrets that have been hinted to us by Nintendo. At this stage we’d shocked if this didn’t turn out to be the best Zelda since Ocarina Of Time. It may even surpass it, and since many still regard that as the best video game ever made it becomes almost impossible to overstate just how good Breath Of The Wild is.
Omfggggggg
Old 24-02-2017, 15:12   #22   link
ExReey
Grunger

ExReey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 15:18   #23   link
Mr. Santa

http://www.shacknews.com/article/991...ew-impressions

Quote:
I regret having to be so vague, but there'll be much more detail in my review of Breath of the Wild. I haven't had the chance to finish the game yet. It's incredibly long, and I continue to get distracted by the huge amount of nooks, crannies, and side-quests that Breath of the Wild has to offer. I can't wait to have to opportunity to open up and share the rest of my thoughts with you on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but this is the sort of game that a thousand words can't begin to explain. It looks to be a game for the ages
Old 24-02-2017, 15:19   #24   link
jelliuz

15min gameplay stukjes uit polygon hun eerste 5 uur. Nog maar de eerste 5 uur en tonen zakken vol mechanics, geen spoilers, ziet er pure zaligheid uit
Old 24-02-2017, 15:48   #25   link
aksm
anale kattenneuker

rofl, die lightning struck op het einde...

vrijdag 3 maart best maart.

En van 6 maart tot 14 maart alleen in mijn kot.

HOLY FUAAAAAAAARK

“BUILD ‘EM UP, BREAK ‘EM DOWN.” Tornbjörn since 2016

~ First it giveth - Then it taketh away ~
aksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 15:57   #26   link
Tjahzi
Senior Puntmuts

En vandaag de laatste kine achter de rug.
Tjahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 16:54   #27   link
jelliuz

Old 24-02-2017, 17:00   #28   link
Mr. Santa

Ge kunt die skeletbeesten hun afgehakte arm ook als wapen gebruiken. :')
Mr. Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 17:19   #29   link
Japisee
҈҉҈҉҈҉҈҉҈҉҈҉҈҉

in medievil 2 kon ge uw eigen afgehakte arm als wapen gebruiken
Old 24-02-2017, 18:14   #30   link
Mr. Santa

Klinkt als een leuk spel.
Old 24-02-2017, 18:15   #31   link
Jaak
U MIRIN BRAH?

Vraag me af of ik hiervoor een Switch zou kopen of dit gewoon op Wii-U zou spelen. Shrimp halp.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:16   #32   link
Disabled
Integrated Amplifier

Send a message via ICQ to Disabled Send a message via MSN to Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
Vraag me af of ik hiervoor een Switch zou kopen of dit gewoon op Wii-U zou spelen. Shrimp halp.
Zelfde vraag. pls respond
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:24   #33   link
Fallschirmjaeger

Ik heb mijn Wii U versie geannuleerd en koop mij volgend jaar een Switch. Dan zijn er sowieso al meer games uit en tegelijk ga ik Zelda dan ook kopen. Dat is alvast de theorie.
Fallschirmjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:46   #34   link
ExReey
Grunger

Dan kan je evengoed nu kopen, de prijs zal het eerste jaar toch niet zakken.
ExReey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 19:07   #35   link
aksm
anale kattenneuker

Op switch aja, op Wiiu komt toch niks meer uit en het speelt vlotter en is mooier

Old 24-02-2017, 19:26   #36   link
Mr. Santa

+ ge kunt switchen en in uw bed verder spelen.
Old 24-02-2017, 19:35   #37   link
Jaak
U MIRIN BRAH?

Niet zo geweldig gevolgd, maar zit dat spel dan in die 'tablet'? En die tablet heeft z'n eigen batterij dus?

Want ik las iets van cartridges en discs? Of enkel cartridges en digitaal?
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 19:44   #38   link
jelliuz

Tis enkel cartridge of digitaal, indien cartridge speelt ge gewoon rechtstreeks van de cartridge zelf zonder installatie afaik (gisteren gelezen, is toch zo voor Zelda)

Zie het als een gameboy die ge ook in de cradle kunt steken om op uw tv verder te spelen met draadloze controllers.
Old 24-02-2017, 19:46   #39   link
oblo
~MOAI!

Tablet zelf is de console, dock is in feite enkel maar oplader en aansluiting naar TV. Standaard is kloksnelheid wel iets hoger in dock, maar dat is omdat het dan aan de stroom hangt en batterijduur dan geen rol speelt, niet omdat dock zelf iets toevoegt. Als ik het goed begrepen heb, is er voor devs ook de mogelijkheid om die hogere snelheid in handheld mode te gebruiken, mochten ze daarvoor kiezen, maar lang zal het dan niet duren voor je lader nodig hebt.

Cartridges en digitaal dus.
Old 24-02-2017, 20:07   #40   link
aksm
anale kattenneuker

Beetje preorders gehad voor de switch btw oblo? Als je de meeste newsites bekijkt lijkt het vrij goed te verkopen atm.

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Spelletjes > Videogames