Old 05-01-2015, 07:19   #841   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Ruh roh.

CSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:24   #842   link
Alex
Soupe du jour

Dus Teus is nu al 12.64% kwijt van zijn 0.1 bitcoin, proficiat.

Tenzij het in bitwallet stak dan is em 100% kwijt
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 14:21   #843   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Hangt er van af hoeveel Bitcoins hij heeft gekregen voor zijn dertig euro.
Old 05-01-2015, 20:29   #844   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Quote:
Bitstamp: Suspected Hack, Over 18,000 Bitcoins in Question

A well known Bitcoin exchange Bitstamp has gone offline, with claims that their operational wallets may have been compromised yesterday, on January 4th. Since then many users are eagerly awaiting a response on what this could mean for their online deposits, the future of the company and the overall value of Bitcoin, which had been in a steady decline in the past 48 hours with prices dropping below $260 USD.

A reddit user posted a Bitcoin address that contains over 18,000 Bitcoins, which has since been labeled by Blockchain as the “Bitstamp Hack Address?”. The estimated $5.1M USD / €4.3M Euros worth of bitcoins – said to be 14% of the entire Bitstamp holding – would have substantially negative effects on the Bitcoin market and its users. A reddit member indicated that fees on the listed address and its transactions are abnormally high, ranging from 0.002 BTC up to a generous 1 BTC; possibly for a quicker confirmation time. There have not been any comments made by Bitstamp regarding the address, though many users agree that it matches the Bitstamp addresses along with the time that the incident occurred:

“The transaction times do line up perfectly to when people started reporting the initial withdrawal problems. IMO this is either bitstamp’s emergency hot wallet sweep or hack address.”
Quote:

and all i can hear is that medical drama flatline noise.

beep... beep... beep....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote:

despite bitpay's site claiming they use multiple exchange prices to calculate the "Bitcoin Best Bid" by "simulating an auto-routing market sell order, across all exchanges, with zero commission fees" they apparently just use bitstamp's last price
Quote:
BitPay ‏@BitPay
We realized this morning our market monitor was frozen, we added more data sources for price discovery and our rates are now updating
Quote:
[–]cardevitoraphicticia Bearish [score hidden] 47 minutes ago*
Bitfinex also has huge deposits with them, so I'm guessing they are SOL as well...

EDIT: Raphael from Finex posted six months ago that they were slowly retracting from this practice. Given the way the market has lost liquidity over the last 6 months, I speculate that they were never in a position to end this practice.

[–]Helvetian616 [score hidden] 20 minutes ago
The normally huge (and ineffective) bids on bitfinex are gone. The books look more like bitstamp all of a sudden.
Quote:
Vault of Satoshi will be closing on February 5th, 2015. Although new deposits will no longer be accepted, rest assured, you will have plenty of time to finalize any trades and withdraw any outstanding funds with all of the convenience and expeditiousness that you’re used to. Please ensure that all of your withdrawal requests are submitted by February 5th.

Last edited by CSM; 05-01-2015 at 20:48.
Old 05-01-2015, 22:53   #845   link
jelliuz

ebde geen tl,dr?
jelliuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 23:04   #846   link
Zapp
rebmeM

Send a message via MSN to Zapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliuz View Post
ebde geen tl,dr?
"Blijf van Bitcoin af want het is rommel"

Zoiets?

Enfin, ik ken niet veel van bitcoin (niks, eigenlijkmaar dat is mijn leken-impressie van het ding.
Old 05-01-2015, 23:13   #847   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliuz View Post
ebde geen tl,dr?
-Grootste nog overblijvende Amerikaanse Bitcoin exchange bestolen, mogelijk +18.000 aan Bitcoins (4 miljoen euro) verdwenen.
-Tweede grootste Amerikaanse Bitcoin exchange gelinkt aan die bestolen exchange.
-Grootste Bitcoin betalingdienst (die Bitcoins omwisselt voor winkels) ook gelinkt aan die bestolen exchange.

Saai.

Interessanter:

Een mens dansend in een Bitcoin pak.

De Nascar auto die met Dogecoin gesponsord was.

Old 05-01-2015, 23:17   #848   link
jelliuz

Het is anders wel een top currency voor het ontvangen van anonieme betalingen op *tudududuuummm* the deep web!
Old 05-01-2015, 23:41   #849   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Goh, zelfs die hebben klappen gekregen. Men heeft de belangrijkste markt Silk Road nu al twee keer opgerold, en een hoop gebruikersz ijn ook gestekt.
Old 05-01-2015, 23:42   #850   link
Wazeiterna?
Welingelichte bron

Zijn er eigenlijk statistieken beschikbaar van hetgeen nu juist exact wordt aangekocht met die bitcoins? Of is dat onmogelijk?

(↑ Ceci n'est pas une menace ↑)
Wazeiterna? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 23:56   #851   link
jelliuz

onmogelijk
Old 06-01-2015, 00:10   #852   link
Teus
key forum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazeiterna? View Post
Zijn er eigenlijk statistieken beschikbaar van hetgeen nu juist exact wordt aangekocht met die bitcoins? Of is dat onmogelijk?
onmogelijk is net het punt :3
Old 06-01-2015, 00:48   #853   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Rofl, 't is bevestigd.
Quote:
Bitstamp Claims $5 Million Lost in Hot Wallet Hack

Bitstamp has released a new statement regarding the security of its website, admitting that it has lost "less than 19,000 BTC", about $5.1m at press time.

The revelation follows the disclosure that Bitstamp's wallet system was compromised, prompting it to halt deposits and later shut down its platform entirely.

According to the statement, an undisclosed number of wallets were compromised and upon learning of the breach, the Bitstamp team issued warnings about deposits and moved to suspend operations. Bitstamp CEO Nejc Kodrič said that all other funds held by the bitcoin exchange are secure in cold storage, stating:

The statement suggests that Bitstamp may remain offline during infrastructure changes.

Calling the shutdown a “disruption”, Kodrič said a process to shift data to more secure server space is underway. No indication was given as to when the exchange will actually open its doors to withdrawals or trades.

The full statement from Kodrič reads:
Quote:
"Bitstamp customers can rest assured that their bitcoins held with us as prior to temporary suspension of services on January 5th (at 9am UTC) are completely safe and will be honored in full.

On January 4th, some of Bitstamp’s operational wallets were compromised, resulting in a loss of less than 19,000 BTC. Upon learning of the breach, we immediately notified all customers that they should no longer make deposits to previously issued bitcoin deposit addresses. As an additional security measure, we suspended our systems while we fully investigate the incident and actively engage with law enforcement officials.

This breach represents a small fraction of Bitstamp’s total bitcoin reserves, the overwhelming majority of which are are held in secure offline cold storage systems. We would like to reassure all Bitstamp customers that their balances held prior to our temporary suspension of services will not be affected and will be honored in full.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:33   #854   link
acku
Unbanned

Krijg af en toe cryptische Japanse brieven toegestuurd omtrent MtGoX. Zijn geld meer dan waard!
Old 07-01-2015, 14:25   #855   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Laatste nieuws daarover was dit:
Quote:
An investigation into the disappearance of half a billion dollar's worth of bitcoins from the Tokyo-based exchange MtGox has found that 99% of the funds were stolen by someone within the firm.

The Japanese Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) launched an investigation in July last year into the loss of 650,000 bitcoins by MtGox that eventually led to the exchange's collapse.

A source close to the MPD has now told The Yomiuri Shimbun, Japan's leading newspaper, that the missing bitcoins are being treated as a "partial inside job".

The findings appear to corroborate a study last year undertaken by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich that found MtGox lost no more than 386 bitcoins as a result of cyber attacks.

"We merely observe a total of 302,000 bitcoins ever being involved in malleability attacks," the study concluded. "Of these, only 1,811 bitcoins were in attacks before MtGox stopped users from withdrawing bitcoins.

"Even more, 78.64% of these attacks were ineffective. As such, barely 386 bitcoins could have been stolen using malleability attacks from MtGox or from other businesses."

Mark Karpeles, the former CEO of MtGox, recently revealed that he believed the bitcoins were taken by someone within the company but claimed he has no knowledge of who.

"I suspect that some of the missing bitcoins were taken by a company insider but when I tried to talk to the police about it, they seemed disinterested," Karpeles told the Daily Beast.

"I've been as helpful as I can with the investigation but I hope that they're not targeting me. I didn't steal anything."

The implosion of MtGox in February 2014 caused the price of bitcoin to plummet and severely affected both public perception of the cryptocurrency and the trust of those within the bitcoin community.

It is hoped that a successful resolution of the investigation will help to some extent remedy these issues.

"The outcome of the MtGox bankruptcy proceedings will deeply affect the bitcoin community as a whole," said Jesse Powell, CEO of the San Francisco-based bitcoin exchange Kraken assisting in the investigation into MtGox.

"We've decided to volunteer our resources and expertise in an attempt to minimise damage to creditors, restore faith in the bitcoin community, and demonstrate trusted leadership in the industry."
Old 07-01-2015, 15:28   #856   link
acku
Unbanned

Ik hoopte ook op dat laatste maar het ziet er nu met Bitstamp wreed slecht uit
Old 07-01-2015, 20:22   #857   link
Nieker
Punk in drublic

Ik zit nu eens te kijken naar die markten en die werken allemaal met relatief grote verschillen
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Is daar nu geen constante mogelijkheid tot arbitrage? Ik ken niets van Bitcoins dus geen idee hoe dat verhandelen tussen verschillende markten werkt wel
Nieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 20:27   #858   link
Teki
Supercapitalist

Dat is voor mij dé reden waarom bitcoin brol is. Ofwel hebde een fysieke markt van iets, en kunde idd arbitreren, ofwel is er 1 regulated markt, met clearing houses, deftige security, vaste regeltjes.

Maar dit is gewoon absurd.
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 20:52   #859   link
Teus
key forum member

anarchie en vage constructies hebben wel hun charme
Old 13-01-2015, 21:05   #860   link
CSM
Kaat 4 lyfe

Derde grootste mining pool houdt er mee op:

In ander nieuws:
Quote:
  • A swathe of cloud mining operators are suspending operations because they’re no longer profitable at current price/hash levels. Network hashing power dropped by 100,000 th/s, or about 1/3, there is currently one block being found every 15 minutes or so, at this rate the next adjustment will take over 3 weeks to happen.
  • According to social media postings and sources familiar with BitPay the company has laid off 9 employees today. These layoffs come not long after BitPay has finished spending on the first of three Bitcoin Bowls they have committed to sponsor in an obligation that runs through December 2016.
  • Sources assure us that 2-hour long block times on the blockchain are now a thing, severely undermining claims that Bitcoin is an efficient and robust payment processing alternative.
  • A real-world data company is suing miner manufacturer Cointerra for delayed payments amounting to $5.4m in potential damages, and there are unconfirmed reports the company is in default to unknown senior debt holders.
  • Bitcoin’s unofficial CEO Gavin Andresen has publicly declared he is cashing out of Bitcoin and investing in stocks.
  • A company that promised to double your bitcoins in just 100 hours with sophisticated marketing like this, has surprisingly failed to deliver those bitcoins. With no-one as yet figuring out that the desperate short-term nature of this scam probably represents the fact that those in the know realise and appreciate that the golden goose is about to die, so are rinsing the system while they can.
Prijzen crashen ondertussen verder:

Maar dat is goed nieuws voor Bitcoin want:
Quote:
I love this. The Pegasus horde of bitcoins I want to acquire is getting cheaper and cheaper. Once you truly understand that bitcoin can't be killed, and *will* eventually take over, the price doesn't matter anymore. In fact, the lower the better. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 hours ago by americanpegasus

I used to eye $1200 coins and think... Wow, no way I'll be able to get in on that.

Now it's different. The price has come down to incredibly low levels and even people like me who missed the boat have a chance.

And of course that chance will come on the back of fear and desperation; how else could it possibly happen? So I'm excited about this. As someone with ten coins who wants a hundred, this just means that I'll be able to afford more coins this month. And you better believe I'm buying as hard as I can. I'm even looking into getting a bank loan so I can buy more.

And I thought I only had until 2015 before the price started going back up. Looks like the buy window will be open a little longer.

Once you really understand the inevitability of bitcoin, you see right through the rest of the smoke and mirrors. You understand things for what they really are.

It all becomes clear. In this moment....

I have lost about $500 in the past couple of months on my bitcoins, it's true.

But you know what? Lol.

I once lost $8000 in an hour on some penny stock scam. You think loses in the three digits even phase me anymore?

But more than that, it's the principle. My attitude would be the same even if my losses were six digits. Because I have learned to see through the fear. I now understand what it means to really buy the blood in the street.

This is the lessons that losing money will teach you. It will instruct you in the art of managing your own emotions, even to the point of ridiculing them. If your thesis was valid at $600 a coin, it's even more valid at $200 a coin... Unless you never believed in what you were buying in the first place and were trying to ride some 'greater fool uptrend'.

Not me.

I'm wiser. I've been forged in the fires of losses and failures. I now have wisdom from the seventh level.

I am the shadow that trolls fear in the night.

I am the American Pegasus.

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Shrimp Town > Shrimp Town