Go Back   Shrimp Refuge Forums > Spelletjes > Forum Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:10   #1   link
Mithror

Lightbulb Shrimp Space !

Shrimp Space:Links naar verschillende cycles:

Om mezelf wat tijd te sparen, zet ik hier al de proloog. 't Is in de rapte geschreven, dus nog niet allemaal gecheckt op spellingsfouten etc. en het is zeker voor verbetering vatbaar (veel verbetering zelf), maar als ik echt goeie teksten wil, begint dat spel hier nooit

Prologue

The UEF was not much for grand show making, but for this occasion they had made an exception. The walls of the ceremonial hall had been draped with banners of the UEF, each adding to the height impression of the room. The banners were definitely an improvement upon the old banners seen on the outside of the building. Their deep sky blue colour gave the impression of a fresh and new organisation ready to tackle on the changes ahead and at the bottom of each banner the logo of the UEF was printed in a simple white. The image of the planet surrounded by a ring was a symbol everyone knew well. It had been and still is the most recognisable icon in the world since the creation of the UEF 18 years ago.
As people entered the hall, their eyes were immediately drawn to the front. Behind an already imposing stage, was the representation of the UEF Space Agency. It's emblem, consisting of a galaxy type S, was not as familiar in the world, but this was soon to change, for today's gathering was about to witness things that would put the UEF Space Agency in the minds and hearts of people for centuries to come, for today was the day Humanity would travel into space, far beyond the Moon and Mars. The true Space Age was about to begin and the press was eager to report on it. The stage was set and the UEF Space Agency was ready to amaze the press.

Meanwhile, in a hangar not far from the hall, another, less grand, gathering was taking place. The people who would take part in this expedition to space, were being briefed by the Director of the UEF Space Agency himself. Nobody knew his real name, he was just known as The Director. Around about the same time the press event started, The Director took his place at the center of stage and began his speech.
'This is it!,' he said, 'Soon you will venture on the journey you have all been training for these last 2 years. I have seen all the hard work and effort done by all of you and I am not too ashamed to stand here before you and tell you all that I am proud of the team sitting here before me. Every single one of you deserves to be here and every single one of you will be remembered in the centuries to come. But before you go, there is one more thing you need to know.' He left a pause after his last sentence, while he looked upon the chosen. As expected, nobody gave any sign of worry. He was not surprised, they had been trained well.
'The ship you will be flying was not entirely designed by our own engineers, nor is main the reason why we have trained you quite what you believed. I do not need to remind you that what you are about to see is for your eyes only.'
'About 3 years ago, we received the following message...'. As The Director finished his statement, he nodded to General Blake, who then pointed a remote control to the screen overhanging the Director and pressed a button. The screen turned black for just a second and then started to play a message. The video itself was hard to make out due to too much noise. The only thing that could be seen was the face of a scruffy looking man. The audio, luckily, was of better quality. The man's voice, bearing a scared undertone, started speaking:

"I hope I got the coordinates right...not been easy...we...humans...need help...not...much time, the...very good...detecting...I will...schematics for warp drive...also need coordinates...Build ship...find us..help us...Damn...found us...need to go...will...upl..d...tics..nd..nates"

As the screen went black, the Director turned back to face his audience. 'We do not know who they are, nor do we know how or why there appear to be humans in space. Hence, this mission. The message was accompanied with schematics for, what they appear to be calling a warp drive, which allows interstellar travel and coordinates of a system in the galaxy. Thanks to the vast amount of resources at our disposal, we were able to finish the ship in 2.5 years time. It has passed all tests so far and is ready for its crew to take it to the coordinates received. That crew, of course, is you.'
'To the public this voyage will seem like our first steps into Space and though this is certainly the case, at least from our end, your mission is bigger than that. It is your job to get to the coordinates and find out what is going on. Who are these people? How did they get there? Why do they need help?'
'Now that you know the truth, this will be the final time you will be allowed to back out of the mission. If you choose to do so, you will receive a treatment that will expunge all what you have just witnessed and you will not be called upon again. I assure you, the procedure is harmless. Those who wish to leave now, please walk to the soldier in the back.'
The Director watched, knowing that none of them would do so. They had been chosen for their drive to explore space and were not about to give up their chance because of unforeseen consequences. Space itself was a place of unforeseen consequences. As expected, everyone remained seated.
'It pleases me that you have all have chosen to stay. I will not bother you any longer with my boring speeches. Time to entertain the press, I would say. Your ship awaits you.'
With the conclusion of his speech, everyone stood up and started moving out of the hanger. In the distance they could now see what was soon to be their home for years to come. The ship was truly remarkable. It's colours, white and black, added to the grace of the ship and as the chosen neared it, the intricate details of the ship become clear. The ship appeared to be build from one single element, as if carved from it. On the side of the ships, the following had been written:

UEF DEMOCRACY

The crew moved towards a corridor of soldiers, each one of them saluting the crew as they passed, and when Logion, the appointed Commanding Officer of the ship came into the vicinity of the ship, a doorway appeared as if out of nothing. Before entering the ship, Logion turned back to face the crew he was about to lead and said: 'You all know what to do! Let's go write history.' They entered the ship and after the final crew member had boarded, the door disappeared as seamlessly as it had appeared.

UEF News Report
===============
The departure of the UEF Democracy was a true success. People all over the world watched the launch of the ship. Some had their eyes staring up to the skies, hoping to catch a glimpse of the ship's jump to warp speed. Only a few were lucky enough to see it. Events have been organised in all major cities to celebrate the start of this courageous voyage. What will they discover? Are we alone in space? When will we start colonizing other planets? All these question will hopefully be answered with this journey.

Last edited by Alex; 26-01-2010 at 16:57.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10   #2   link
Mithror

Day 1, Cycle 1

Introduction

After their departure from earth, the 42 crew members of the UEF Democracy gathered in Hanger Deck A. At exactly 0800 hours, Commanding Officer Logion arrived to address them. 'This ship,' he began, 'will bring us to unknown places. We have been trained to handle most situation when it comes to manning this ship, but nothing can prepare us for what we will encounter throughout our expedition. In the name of Humanity, we will explore the Universe and expand our knowledge far and beyond our current knowledge. The Universe is vaste exploring it is a task we cannot do by ourselves. Our experience will be looked upon to organise other voyages into space, so it is important we do not fail! Our first task has been given to us. We must seek out whoever gave us the technology of the warp drive and get to the bottom of the mysterious message we have received. We have tallied in the Solar Space for far too long and it is time to move on. XO Alegis will debrief all of you on what is to follow.'
Having finished his short speech, the CO left for the bridge. The XO stepped forward, staring every single one in the eyes. 'Including the CO and me, this ships counts 42 people. This is almost twice the amount required to man this ship and with very good reason. The voyage we are about to undertake is a long and hard one. The UEF decided it was in our best interest to man the ship in 2 groups. While one operates the ship, the other will go into cryosleep, until we have arrived near our destination. At that time everyone will awaken. When our mission is completen and we return to Earth, the other group will go into cryosleep. The CO and myself agreed that this was the best course of action and it will expand our Life-Support greatly to work this way. This rule also applies to me and CO Logion. We have opted to enter cryosleep on departure, leaving Captain Jonathan Archer as acting CO and Chief Science Officer T'Pol as acting XO. I will know call forth the persons who are to enter cryosleep:

Fidoh, Scientist
Centurio, Scientist
Leeuwke, Soldier
Turtle, Soldier
Sexy Schaap, Soldier
Holly Martins, Scientist
Lijkkist, Doctor
Alegis, XO
Styn, Scientist
Kittens, Scientist
Fyldamor, Scientist
Robin, Scientist
Guns, Scientist
andu, Engineer
eaurouge, Communications Officer
OmegaII, Scientist
wjw, Navigation Officer
Fraeco, Scientist
logion, CO
Marky, Engineer
Cit, Scientist
Deev, Engineer
Funeo, Scientist
DivineOne, Soldier

You are to report to the cryodeck at 1200 hours. The others will get debriefed by T'Pol at 1400 hours at the same location. That is all.'

And so began the voyage of the UEF Democracy.

A Case of Sabotage

! Red Alert ! Red Alert !
The ship is in immediate danger...
Contacting Acting CO Jonathan Archer... Bio Signs negative
Contacting Acting XO T'Pol... Bio Signs negative
Checking for other positive Bio Signs... none
Activating Emergency Procedure.
Cryosleep halted.
Initializing wake-up...Done.

Extreme light....*blinking eyes*....'What?'...'What is happening?'...'Where am I?'.

Fidoh was the first to emerge from his cryosleep. It took several minutes before he fully realised he had been brought out of his sleep. Looking around him he saw that the others were also being woken up. This was no normal wake up. They had been told the other group would be there to assist them in the procedure. 'What is that noise!, 'he shouted, until he realised what it was. Slowly he saw the red hue all over the ship and immediately jumped out of his pod. The ship was in danger. Racing to the CO's pod, he found both the CO and XO had already climbed out of their pods as well. The CO immediately started contacting Syrinx, the board's computer: 'Status Update?'.

Multiple detonations detected on the ship.
Following Compartments have been damage: bridge, life support,
core room, science lab, air lock, mess hall, medical and
Hanger Deck B
All crew members of group A show negative life signs.
Warp Drive crystal is badly damaged and needs replacement
Funeo and Robin have had trouble getting out of cryo and have been transferred to medical.

Inspection of the ship show tremendous damage done. The ship was badly damaged and there was no sign of the other crew members. The worst was yet to be discovered though. As the CO entered the Core Room, Andu, the Chief Engineer informed him of the damage done to the Warp Drive Crystal. 'It be looking bad, Captain, I've never seen the like. Looks like the crystal just melted right where it was, but that can't be! The crystal has an incredible high melting point. It would take a considerable amount of energy to melt it. Anyway, Captain, without the Crystal, we won't be going nowhere, unless you want to travel for 1000 years that is. And...there's another thing. We had a fuel leakage, which means, even if we do get the Warp Drive back online, we won't have enough fuel to reach our destination! It be a disaster, I'll be telling ya that!'
Logion immediately realized the seriousness of the situation and contacted Navigation Officer wjw through the intercom. 'Wjw,' he said, 'do a long-range scan of our surroundings. See if you can find anything that can help us to repair the Warp Drive.' Following that he contacted Alegis, the XO to tell him to have the rest of the crew meet at Hanger Deck A at 0800.
Wjw immediately moved to the bridge firing up the Navigation terminal. He instructed Syrinx to search for energy patterns matching the Warp Drive crystal both on long and short range sensors.

Long range sensors are down, however short range sensors have detected something. There appears to be a ship nearby containing the same energy pattern as our warp drive crystal.

'Life Signs?', he asked.

None.

'Advisement?'

Shuttle in Hangar Deck B is too badly damaged. Use the remaining Shuttle in Hanger Deck A to investigate the pattern and retrieve crystal if possible.

Wjw opened a communication channel to the CO and told him Syrinx' instructions. 'Good work,', the CO replied, 'seems like we have at least one good thing going for us. Time for you to join the rest of the crew in the Hangar Deck.'

At 0800 hours, everyone had gathered at Hanger Deck A. The CO looked at what remained of the crew. 24 people of the 42 that had embarked on this journey. He had no idea what happened to the other 18, but he was sure to find out! 'Disaster has struck. ', he explained, 'From the looks of it, we have people aboard this ship that mean this expedition harm. The UEF had foreseen this occurrence and has granted me the power to execute protocol AL-1. From now on, we will throw out one person per day out into the Air-Lock to root out the bad elements against us. Yes, these is a hard precautions, but it's what we are used to doing. Remember all the lynchings? The hangings? The disqualifications votes? This is just the same and it works! Though sometimes it doesn't. Whatever the case, this is procedure! Being a democratic party we all have equal choosing right over who gets to be thrown out into space, even me.'
'However, this should not stop us from completing our mission. Wjw, has informed me that there is a ship nearby that might possible contain a Warp Crystal. I do not know how that ship got there or why it appears to use the same drive as we do, but it gives us a chance to continue our mission. I need 8 men to lead the expedition to the ship. Feel free to decide who will be part of that expedition. Once we have obtained a warp crystal, and let us hope that we do, we will need to look for fuel to enable us to reach our intended destination. I advice the people here on board to start repairs on the ship, while the others are out looking for the crystal. That is all, you are dismissed.'

Concreet:

Je mag deze cyclus 3 dingen doen:
  1. Iemand nomineren om met de expeditie mee te sturen. (deadline morgen 20u)
  2. Naar een compartiment bewegen. (deadline morgen 20u)
  3. Op iemand stemmen die uit het Air-Lock gegooid moet worden. Deze stem mag je ook in de volgende cyclus doen. (deadline overmorgen 20u)

Deze acties doe je als volgt:
  1. !Choose <Naam>, bv. !Choose Mithror (Forum tag: [choose][ /choose] zonder spaties)
  2. !Move <compartiment>, bv. !Move Bridge (Forum tag: [move ][ /move] zonder spaties)
  3. !Vote <Naam>, bv. !Vote Mithror (Forum tag: [vote][ /vote] zonder spaties)

Opmerkingen:
  • Mensen die meegaan met de expeditie kunnen deze cyclus geen !Vote uitbrengen
  • Je kunt geen !Vote uitbrengen op mensen die met de expeditie meegaan.
  • Als je een post editeert met een van bovenstaande acties in, dan mag je die actie niet meer uitvoeren. (Telt gewoon niet mee)
  • De XO en CO hebben extra beslissingsrecht, geen extra stemrecht. (M.a.w. hun extra's tellen enkel voor !Choose)
  • Om een compartiment te repareren, moet jullie aanwezig zijn in het compartiment. De reparatie gebeurt automatisch aan het einde van de cyclus. Voor elke repair skill gaat er 1 damage af. Dus bv. als iets 2 dmg heeft, dan kun je die repareren met 2 scientists of 1 engineer. Mensen die repareren dragen niet bij tot eventuele andere acties (bv analyzeren), hierbij gaat de voorkeur uit naar die mensen die beter zijn in de een of andere actie (een engineer in het scienelab die damaged is, zal dus repareren in plaats van analyzeren)
  • Analyzeren doe je best in, wel, het wetenschapslab! Wat je daar aan hebt, tjah, dat zullen jullie moeten uitvissen
  • Funeo en Robin zijn gewond en liggen op intensieve! Het plotse ontwaken uit de cryoslaap is hen niet zo goed bevallen. Ze kunnen niet meegaan op expeditie.
  • De expeditie vertrekt in theorie aan het begin van cyclus 1. Het duurt 1 cyclus om tot aan het andere schip te geraken met de shuttle, dus in cyclus 2 zullen jullie aankomen.

Een overzicht vind je hier: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...uFndsJXA&gid=0

Wat verwacht ik op het einde van cyclus 2(!)
  • Een PM van iedereen die een ability heeft die 's nachts (Cyclus 3/3) gebruikt wordt met hoe hij die wil gebruiken.
  • Een PM van de 0, 1 of 2 Soldiers die de wacht gaan houden, samen met hun locatie.
Aangezien jullie niet weten hoe lang de expeditie duurt mag je deze keer je keuzes na de deadline doorgeven. Het kan zijn dat je immers voor cyclus 3 terugkomt of na cyclus 3. Voor volgende keren zal ik ervoor zorgen dat je echter altijd weet wanneer je terugkomt en dat er tegen het eind van in cyclus 1 geweten is wie er weg is, zodat beslissingen wel voor de deadline naar mij gestuurd kunnen worden.

Extra Overwinningsconditie
Leg ik in cyclus 2 wel uit.

Last edited by Mithror; 12-01-2010 at 13:58.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:14   #3   link
Mahershalalhash
lil frank raes

Dus we zijn nog niet bezig?
Ik zal maar meteen weerleggen dat hoogbegaafd zijn ook bij dikkertjes kan. Met mijn score kan ik zeggen dat jullie de 99.5% zijn. Daardoor dat ik enorm snel dingen opneem, nooit iets vergeet dat ik relevant vind. De meest bizarre hersenkronkels maak. Eigelijk vrij associaal ben irl en niet in de belangstelling wil staan. Ook onzeker wel over alles wat ik doe want ik doe het meestal drie keer zo snel als anderen.

En ik doe aan modelbouw en ik verzamel CE van games.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:16   #4   link
Mithror

Nee, niet echt. Je weet immers nog niet wat er gebeurd is na het vertrek en in theorie kunnen jullie nog niets doen, maar je mag gerust al hier posten als je de drang niet kunt weerstaan.

edit: bovenstaande is trouwens alleen maar fluff. Je hoeft het niet te lezen als je niet wilt. De concreten dingen voor het spel zullen altijd apart herhaald worden.

Last edited by Mithror; 11-01-2010 at 12:26.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59   #5   link
Fraeco
Mega Shrimper

Send a message via MSN to Fraeco
Nice intro!
Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants.
Old 11-01-2010, 13:13   #6   link
andu

Mijn peetje zit alvast in de mess hall een spietje pecan pie naar binnen te werken, lichtjes nerveus dat die UEF zomaar tech heeft gebruikt van iets of iemand dat hem toch wel een alien ras lijkt. Het lef, ook al zouden aliens welgekomen zijn als het onderwerp van wat nieuwe racistisch getinte mopjes, negers zijn zó 2010. Hij is ook een beetje bezorgd dat het inertia schild, het ding dat voorkomt dat zijn oogbollen tot kervelsoep worden gedrukt tegen de achterkant van zijn schedel, er niet al te stabiel uitzag bij de final flight-check. Goede pie wel.
Old 11-01-2010, 16:45   #7   link
Leeuwke
King of the jungle

Maak je geen zorgen over dat alien scum, andu, deze soldier blaast ze wel naar de maan. Tenzij ze daar wonen, dan blaas ik ze wel naar een andere planeet (oké, toegegeven, de maan is niet echt een planeet)!
Old 11-01-2010, 16:56   #8   link
eaurouge

hypehypehypehype!
Old 11-01-2010, 18:24   #9   link
wjw
Alive and human

Wujow, plot-twist!
Old 11-01-2010, 18:58   #10   link
Mithror

Post aangepast met de meest nodige informatie om te starten. Op die manier mogen jullie al beginnen. De rest volgt later en ik doe wel een update hier als ik de post heb afgewerkt
Old 11-01-2010, 19:04   #11   link
Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithror View Post
Kies 8 man die de expeditie naar het schip zullen ondernemen. Iedereen mag 1 persoon nomineren die mag gaan.
Met de recente avonturen in de Dead Space simulator in gedachten, kunnen we imo die arme, slappe scientists niet naar daar sturen zonder wat firepower.
Dit is duidelijk een job voor de geharde soldiers! Wel tijd dat ze de motion detector uitvinden.

!Turtle

Marines on me!
Hooah!

edit: Wut, vanwaar komt al die schade zo snel na ons vertrek? Die saboteurs hebben duidelijk niet stilgezeten.

Last edited by Turtle; 11-01-2010 at 19:08.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:06   #12   link
Fidoh
Bordspelnerd

Bol af !Leeuwke.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:07   #13   link
eaurouge

Tegen wanneer moeten we stemmen?
Old 11-01-2010, 19:09   #14   link
Mahershalalhash
lil frank raes

Er moet natuurlijk ook een scientist meegaan. Een noobie zoals mezelf, juist afgestudeerde Fyldamor PhD in de analytische ruimtelologie, heeft dringend wat ervaring nodig in hoog stress- en risicovolle praktijkomgevingen.

!Choose Fyldamor
Ik zal maar meteen weerleggen dat hoogbegaafd zijn ook bij dikkertjes kan. Met mijn score kan ik zeggen dat jullie de 99.5% zijn. Daardoor dat ik enorm snel dingen opneem, nooit iets vergeet dat ik relevant vind. De meest bizarre hersenkronkels maak. Eigelijk vrij associaal ben irl en niet in de belangstelling wil staan. Ook onzeker wel over alles wat ik doe want ik doe het meestal drie keer zo snel als anderen.

Old 11-01-2010, 19:11   #15   link
Mahershalalhash
lil frank raes

Turtle zijn eigen vote is al niets meer waard, je mag niets editten as I recall? Of is dat alleen met mensen wegstemmen?

En ik heb blijkbaar zelf het systeem ook nog niet door, je moet dus blijkbaar niet !Choose voor uw naam zetten? Allemaal wree verwarrend.

Old 11-01-2010, 19:12   #16   link
Fidoh
Bordspelnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyldamor View Post
Turtle zijn eigen vote is al niets meer waard, je mag niets editten as I recall? Of is dat alleen met mensen wegstemmen?
Turtle edit posts met votes!

!Turtle.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:12   #17   link
eaurouge

Denk dat het met alles is ja.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:14   #18   link
Divolinon
Una

Send a message via ICQ to Divolinon Send a message via MSN to Divolinon Send a message via Skype™ to Divolinon
Misschien een engineer meesturen, die moeten het dan ook installeren:

!Choose Andu
Old 11-01-2010, 19:17   #19   link
Mithror

Heb de vote manier aangepast, je moet dus effectief !Choose voor de naam zetten. Maakt het makkelijker voor mij om te zoeken.

Vanaf dit punt:
Wordt elke post met een vote in die ge-editeerd is nietig verklaard en telt je stem/keuze voor dat item (Stem, Move, Choose) niet meer mee.
Old 11-01-2010, 19:22   #20   link
Fidoh
Bordspelnerd

Ok dan.

!Choose Leeuwke
!Stem Turtle
Closed Thread

Shrimp Refuge Forums > Spelletjes > Forum Games